Pregnancy can do a lot to your body. It’s easy to complain about the back pains, cellulites, mood swings, leg cramps, stretch marks, haemorrhoids and of course rising weight but when you feel those little baby kicks, it’s a million times worth it.
I loved every part of being pregnant because
1. God blessed my womb with a child.
2. My body was designed to recreate it.
3. I felt beautiful each day.
4. I could feel a little human kick and twirl inside me.
5. The anticipation of meeting my baby.
6. I became more cautious about my health.
7. All my friends, colleagues and acquaintances lit up with joy when they found out.
8. I didn’t stress about my weight gain.
9. I gave myself more grace for taking naps.
10. I learnt more about what my body is capable of.
11. I felt empowered as a woman specially contemplating delivery.
12. It taught me to value life more.
When I think back to the moment I first found out I was pregnant, I was overcome with emotion and overwhelmed with an intense feeling of love. In that moment upon finding out that you’re pregnant, everything changes in an instant. A woman becomes a mother, a man becomes a father, a life is in the earliest stages of creation, and all is set in stone. Everything that will make up the baby’s physical characteristics and personality is already decided, along with its DNA code. Your beautiful bundle of joy is ready to grow inside your womb and you are ready to nurture it.
Thanks for joining me. Hope you had a good read!
Please click on like (★), share and comment
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog are the personal views of the author. They do not necessarily mirror the views or opinions of any individual.
“When you moved, I felt squeezed with a wild infatuation and protectiveness. We are one. Nothing, not even death, can change that.” – Suzanne Finnamore