Stay calm, breathe. Every sleepless night, the difficulty to breastfeed, the new routine, the messy poops, baby pooping too much, not pooping at all, the unwanted advices, the constant tiredness and the lack of time, all these will pass.
No one is born knowing being a mother. You are constantly in a process of learning, learning for life. Each day is a new experience, each day is a new challenge! First focus on recovering from childbirth, it’s an experience that demands lot of mom and baby. Your new function is certainly the biggest and very crucial, and know that it is going to sue you more. It is not easy, after all, it is a phase you had to meet after so many changes.
But hang in there, mom! Since being a mother will require you a lot, try not to charge yourself so much. Have your own breathing time, pursue your hobby, do things in your time, let your baby be with their daddy, dadi, nani, masi or bua while you take a deep breath or just sleep. Don’t let anything or anyone take your peace. Take care and take care to take care!
Be strong and at the same time allow yourself to falter. Be proud and be proud of who you are now. Suddenly you will see your life has become everyone’s business Thousands of people with their millions of advices. But hey, hang in there. You don’t have to follow everyone. Have faith in yourself and your parenting, trust your instincts and raise your child happily, in your own way.
After all, your baby has come from you!
Motherhood is the hardest job in the world and you have been doing good. So don’t listen to people who treat you like you are not good enough. Just worry about your baby. I assure you, you have done an amazing job!
So here goes my few words to you :
- Don’t try to be Super Mom. No one receives an award for being one.
- Trust your instincts.
- Ask for help
- If the unsolicited advice you receive is helpful, take it. If it’s not, ignore it.
- If the advice in all those baby books is helpful, take it. If it’s not, ignore it.
- Take it one day at a time.
- Know that it gets easier.
- It takes a village to raise a baby and you have been doing all alone. Know that you’re doing a great job.
- Know that even if you can’t remember the last time you changed your clothes or combed your hair, your baby thinks you’re the most beautiful creature on earth!
Thanks for joining me! Hope you had a good read
Please click on like (★), share and comment
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog are the personal views of the author. They do not necessarily mirror the views or opinions of any individual.