Yes, that’s when we made our child sit in the car seat. As to-be parents, we were absolutely sure we would install a car seat in our car before our baby arrived and so we did.
It’s all over the web browser what a car seat does and why is it important (to prevent injuries, in case you didn’t know).
I’ll tell you what happens when you don’t use a car seat:-
1. Your infant’s bones that protect the spinal cord are still forming. Not using a car seat exposes the spinal cord and putting your baby at risk for paralysis or even death.
2. Holding your baby firmly is never the same as putting the baby in car seat. It is our natural reflex to protect ourselves in case of an accident. Which makes your child exposed. The child either flies off your lap and gets thrashed or be buried under your weight.
3. During an accident, your child is more vulnerable to crash and seriously injure her/his head and body.
Your child’s safety is not about buying an expensive safety equipment but the one which fits your child’s weight/age/height enough.
In India, using a car seat is considered fanciful. So, as responsible parents, it is our duty to create awareness among the masses.
1. Preschool, school and day cares can include in their guidelines about mandatory use of seat belts and car seats for parents and for buses.
2. Schools should have more programs to let the children know about the car safety equipment.
3. Hospitals should conduct programs to educate the new parents on the importance of car seat.
What’s your take on car seat? Do you feel Indian roads need it? Share your views in the comment section below.